The Terms and Conditions shown on this page are an important part of the contract that you enter into when making travel arrangements through us.
CA Travel Services Pty Ltd is the credit card merchant and the owner of this website. Both the merchant and the website are located in Australia.
Our travel arrangements are shown in US dollars because the Government of Bhutan requires payments in United States dollars. However, an Australian or New Zealand dollar equivalent amount based on our preferred exchange rates, will be quoted to you in writing prior to payment.
Payment can be made in Australian or New Zealand dollars direct to our Australian and New Zealand bank accounts.
Payment can be also made in Australian dollars by credit card via our Secure Payments page.
Any unforseen increases in prices prior to departure, such as the Government of Bhutan imposing higher tourism taxes before travel or an airline increasing compulsory fuel surcharges will have to be received by us prior to travel
Unless it is shown on your itinerary, your travel arrangements will not include any items of a personal nature, medications, travel insurance, telephone calls, laundry, excess baggage charges or other incidental expenses.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for tour packages to Bhutan for all visitors other than those from India, Bangladesh and the Maldives.
Payments must be made in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan. The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of three persons or more is as follows:
- US$ 200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August and December.
- US$ 250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October and November.
A surcharge may also be applied if a member of a group arrives or departs on a separate flight from the rest of their party.
But look what you get from www.bhutan-explorer.com for only US $200 or US $250 per day.
- Meet and greet at Paro, currently Bhutan’s only international airport
- A free gift of a cap or scarf upon arrival
- Free airport transfers
- A free Bhutan government Visa
- A free detailed topographical map of Bhutan
- All accommodation and porterage in three star hotels throughout Bhutan (4 & 5 star hotels may be available at an additional cost)
- All meals daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Refreshments daily (bottled mountain spring water and juice)
- A licensed bilingual or multilingual guide to accompany you on all treks and tours
- All travel by private car, 4wd or bus as appropriate
- Free locally brewed wine, beer or soft drinks at your hotels
- All camping equipment (other than personal clothing) on all walking and trekking tours
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of US$ 65 per person per day. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare and poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
A surcharge of US$40 per night for one person, and US$30 per night per person per night for a group of two people will apply for persons travelling in parties of 3 or less.
Children : Up to the age of five, children are free of the Government part of the fees. You just have to pay their actual expenses such as food, bed, plus any other additional expenses. Children from six to 12 accompanied by parents or guardians receive a 50% discount on the royalties and taxes portion
Students : Students: Full-time students 25 years and younger with valid identity cards from their academic in¬situations are allowed a 25% discount, resulting in a rate of US$150 per night (plus small group surcharges, if applicable).
Groups : A discount of 50% off the normal rates is given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. A free trip is allowed for one member per group exceeding 15 people.
CANCELLATION, REFUND AND AMENDMENT POLICY
Any travel arrangements which have been booked and subsequently cancelled or amended will be subject to some cancellation or amendment charges.
Generally the cancellation charges are as follows:
|Deposit date until 60 days prior to arrival in Bhutan||Deposit is forfeited|
|60-50 days prior to arrival in Bhutan||100% of Drukair/Bhutan Airlines fares.
75% loss of tour cost
|50 days or less prior to arrival in Bhutan||No Refund Permitted|
TRAVEL & HEALTH INSURANCE
Travel and health insurance is strongly recommended.
Please ensure that your health & fitness is sufficient for your planned journey to Bhutan. We strongly recommend you consult your own doctor for advice on vaccinations and medications.
ITINERARY CHANGES ONCE YOU ARE IN BHUTAN
Road, track and weather conditions can change rapidly in a mountainous country like Bhutan. So we and our Bhutanese tour operator reserve the right to make necessary changes to your itinerary. Depending on the circumstances, a refund may not be offered for these changes and your travel insurance may also cover any unforseen loss.
CA Travel Services Pty Ltd respects your privacy. We will only collect personal information that is relevant to you and your travel arrangements. The personal information you provide will only be passed on to our tour operator in Bhutan for relevant purposes such as a Bhutan Visa applications, plus hotel and any other travel arrangements.